Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Gear Head

What's more masculine than gears!  Just in time for some Father's Day inspiration I have broken out the gears for this masculine canvas!  I love to create these types of projects and grunge them up!
This week Xyron is celebrating Summer and Father's Day... not necessarily in the same project.  Of course I went for the Father's Day theme.  Like I could help myself.  
*All products are linked below*


I prepped the canvas and Southern Ridge Trading Company  Gears Cluster chipboard cut with white gesso.  Once dry I stamped the big gear from the Dapper set... plus some of the other stamps in the set.

The gearhead thinlit is a detailed die cut so the Creative Station is perfect to add adhesive to it.  So easy!


Simply run the gear die cut through, burnish so you get full adhesion of adhesive, peel and add to the canvas.  Use the adhesive remover to take any sticky residue off.


With the gearhead die cut adhered to the canvas you can add distress crayon.  Scribble and smudge and let the gesso do all the work.


Use stencils to add some texture removing with a baby wipe.  I also added distress crayon to the chipboard gears too.  I cut Gear Head using the Broadway XL die.


I coated the letters in Emboss It and Hammered Metal embossing Powder for a solid metallic look.  Apply a layer of Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle and let dry.  Guess what... this chipboard cut runs through the Creative Station EASILY!


Ohhh look at those awesome grungy layers!


I love this old vintage photo from an old photo album I was given.  Love this war time image!


Layering with stamps looks amazing.  Adding lots of layers keeps you looking.


Check out that crackle!  The crackle reacts with the distress crayons and they start to blend together.


Pulled together all the gears, stamping, crackling and inking creates this grungy, masculine canvas!


Stop by the Xyron page to see what the team has for you all week.  Father's Day is coming June 18th so get your gears out!



 

Sharing with...

 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. This is just so up my ally... gears, texture and lots of Tim Holtz products. You are talking my language girl! Love this and the colours you used. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, right in your element! I love how you've used your crayons and so wish I had a Xyron! You make it look so simple! I am over here struggling with glue... ;0 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because it is just that easy! I do not miss all that glue! It is so nice!

      Delete
  3. Wow, wow, wow (yes- a triple wow)! This card is really fantastic. I loved all the detail shots you included that showed us this process and the end result is so rust-tastic! You did an amazing job of adding plenty of textural oomph with this. It is both manly and elegant and I'm so glad you shared your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I have had problems leaving you a comment so hopefully this one works.... Your male canvas is stunning, there is so much texture and so much to look at! I love the old photo you added and the embossing on the numbers and letters is superb! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey with this wonderful canvas! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful layerings of photos, stampings and die cuts Nicole - beautiful rusting and perfect lettering title! Thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh! Nice texture, and I love the photo! You've done a great job with all those mixed media products-love the crackle paint/crayon effect, and I'm so going to have to give that a try! I'm surprised at how full your Hammered Metal jar is! Kim needs to offer this in the quart size in my humble opinion! Fabulous canvas and I'm so happy you shared it with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs! It always makes my day when I stop by your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply fabulous design Nicole. Like you, I can't help myself when it comes using gears. Love it!! Thanks for joining our challenge at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts