Skip to main content

Joie de Vivre

Relax and get ready for summer!  Even Zombies need a break from groaning and eating brains.  Check out my tutorial on this fun summery Ectetera Tag.


DCWV is joining with Xyron for some awesome projects all week.  I was sent the Jioe de Vivre paper and 6X6 Brights Paper Stack full of fun bright patterns.  I grabbed some dies (linked below) and cut some of the Brights paper (linked below)

Check it out..


I prepped the zombie and cut a surf board with matching Jioe de Vivre paper.


I ran the pattern paper surf board I cut through the Create a Sticker a to adhere to the matboard surfboard.  With the zombie dry I was able to ink some green skin with Oxide ink Peeled Paint.


I die cut brights and Jioe de Vivre  to create a tropical shirt and Bermuda shorts.  I flicked some distress paint on them and used the Create a Sticker to adhere.


How adorable... mini boards with more pattern paper.  I cut the brights paper using the Tapered Fringe die for the grassy shirt, island and bottom of the tag.  I prepped the Ectetera Tag with white gesso and used distress crayons for a watery, sunset background.


I used the Rays stencil to create sun rays.  I cut out the Jioe de Vivre  (meaning- enjoyment of life) from one of the papers, attached with collage medium crazing.  I cut the twisted die with the 6X6 Brights Paper Stack in various blues paper to create waves.


More fringe for the bottom cut with Jioe de Vivre  paper.  I created this fun banner because who doesn't want to relax!  Now to prep some crazy things balloons!


Ink and cut!  I twisted some metal for the balloons using the Twist n' Style Tool.  I attached the balloons and cut some scraps to hold them in place with a circle punch.  Super easy!


Surfs Up...


I made the circle part of the tag look like a life saver!  


I love the little island oasis with grassy bits and surfboards!


A little mixed media element with the joie de vivre sentiment.


The balloons are a fun pop of colour!


OMGOSH I love his tropical shirt and surfboard!


The twisted waves, grassy fringe and Relax banner are all pulled together for a hang loose vibe!


Who's ready for a tropical vacation!  Check out the whole Xyron Team all week for more DCWV inspiration.  Get creative and just Relax!

 
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Loooooove what you did here!! Talking abput thinking outside the box!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating! I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits! I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back. I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE! I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider! I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel. The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes! Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy. I LOVE HIM! After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …

A BEVY OF MONSTERS

***WARNING...CUTE ALERT***

The Monsters and Creeps are out and around.  So lock your doors to keep safe and sound.
If you are looking for a great Halloween card that is UNDER 10 MINUTES to build this is it.  I made a variety of these to give you different ideas of creeps you can make.  From start to finish these Halloween cards are a breeze and would be perfect for a class, office and for some friends.  I made these in between making projects...mostly waiting for things to dry!  The googlie eyes are different sizes make them so cute. 
All the cards are stamped with Scrappy Moms Stamps Halloween set Bewitched! Mummy

Frankenstein
Candy Corn
Vampire, I love this one!  I didn't distress the white glitter paper.  Then added this red glitter glue to the fangs.
Ghost, I posted this the other day HERE
All my fun cards together
I cut the cards to 5x5.  Then I cut a 4 3/3x 4 3/4 black for the black behind the googlie eyes.  Pick your coloured carstock and rip.  I distressed the torn edges a bit then…