Skip to main content

Wildflowers

I may live in a snow globe but I can dream of Wildflowers!  

Just dusting off the cobwebs on my blog.  I try to take a creative break or slowdown during Jan/ Feb.  However, I have been creating still!  So, I did just get Sizzix shipment with some new goodies including the new Wildflowers 2!


I have all the floral dies but the wildflowers are my thing!  I love them.  I started cutting the Wildflowers, Wildflowers 2 and the new Small Tattered Florals.  All the flowers are inked with Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders.


The Small Tattered Florals are so teeny!  I just found a set of Stylus Tools... it came in a 3 pack and I wasn't sure if I need 3 but YA I do!  Spray and roll!

Look how the smallest floral rolls with the smallest stylus tool.  SCORE!  Embossing time.


I also got the new Flourish Texture Fade and it is awesome. For inking I used Eileen Hull Colorbox Color Blends.  Creating strips of color with the built in sponge and blending with my blending pen.


This Watering Can is so adorable.  I pulled it from a past project.  I recycle my cuts from time to time which makes for a quick card.


I cannot tell you how sweet these flowers are!


All the Wildflowers are tucked behind the Watering Can and a teeny tag from Tiny Tabs & Tags tied with twine.


The embossed flourish is a perfect backdrop.


The vibrance of the Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders is stunning with these Wildflowers.


Bring on Spring!


Back to regular creating and sharing!  I have some new products and projects to share!  Thanks for popping by!


A Vintage Journey- Words that are Special (who doesn't love the word "SALE")

 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Love this!! Dang you make me want the watering can & I have been resisting for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just do it! LOL, I ended up buying it in California since I had a hard time getting it here. You can do pretty things <3

      Delete
    2. ME TOO!!!! lol, I've been on the fence about the watering can die since it came out lol

      Delete
  2. Lovely Nicole, the flowers look gorgeous and I love the embossing. The Blends look lovely . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love loooove this! I need that watering can die now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a friend in the US they can get it for you on sale. I added the links in this post. Just sayin'

      Delete
    2. Oh, really?? Sign me up! Where can I get it on sale?

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the vivid colours.Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to dig out my watering can die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nicole! Sign me up for every one of these new products you've used here! The Nuance powders look fabulous and are at the top of my wish list now! The flowers look so pretty in the watering can, and that flourish embossing folder and those Blends produced some fabulous results! Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully made and great design!!! I love it!!! I agree with the others, your card is so inspiring that I need a watering can too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sold!!!! Nicole this is absolutely beautiful!!! Those flowers are utterly adorable and the background works perfectly. Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating! I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits! I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back. I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE! I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider! I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel. The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes! Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy. I LOVE HIM! After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …

A BEVY OF MONSTERS

***WARNING...CUTE ALERT***

The Monsters and Creeps are out and around.  So lock your doors to keep safe and sound.
If you are looking for a great Halloween card that is UNDER 10 MINUTES to build this is it.  I made a variety of these to give you different ideas of creeps you can make.  From start to finish these Halloween cards are a breeze and would be perfect for a class, office and for some friends.  I made these in between making projects...mostly waiting for things to dry!  The googlie eyes are different sizes make them so cute. 
All the cards are stamped with Scrappy Moms Stamps Halloween set Bewitched! Mummy

Frankenstein
Candy Corn
Vampire, I love this one!  I didn't distress the white glitter paper.  Then added this red glitter glue to the fangs.
Ghost, I posted this the other day HERE
All my fun cards together
I cut the cards to 5x5.  Then I cut a 4 3/3x 4 3/4 black for the black behind the googlie eyes.  Pick your coloured carstock and rip.  I distressed the torn edges a bit then…