Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Come Fly with Me

Happy Leap Year

I am going to use this extra day to create and share with you my version of February Tag.  I have had a busy month and I have been away for half of it traveling.  I have been home a week and I am just finally over the jet lag, sleeping and eating like normal again.

Check out my inspiration for February's Remix Tag.  I bought my kids some chocolate in Germany all because I wanted these Vintage Wrappers.


I cut the Mini Movers and Shapers Airplane and Mini Ticket.  I layered some Correspondence paper, inked and added the Here & Now rubs.


I used my stencils, Gothic, Traveler and Typo.  I used texture paste for the Traveler words and sprinkled the Copper Relique Powder on top.


I love these small talk phrases all grunged up.  


I did color my photo booth image with my distress markers.  It doesn't show up as well on a darker photo.  Click HERE to see the colors used.


I popped a Tiny Floral on the bow.


My tag has been inspired by my recent adventures.  I love to travel, especially to Europe.  I am in awe of the history, art and sculptures.  Check out a couple photos of our adventures in Italy.  We went to 5 countries but most of our time spent driving through Italy.

Munich, Germany


Salzburg, Austria


Venice, Italy


The Grand Canal, Venice, Italy


Sienna, Tuscany Italy


Trevi Fountain, Rome Italy


Sculptures in The Vatican


Lake Como, Italy


Pompei, Italy


Zurich, Switzerland


Thanks for checking out my Tag for February.  Also a small glimpse of the hundreds of photo's of our trip.  We decided to travel to these beautiful places learn the history, marvel at the art and enjoy the food and wine!  A great way to celebrate our 20th year of marriage.  Adventuring with my best friend.

Challenges

Tim Holtz (February Tag)
Anything But Cute (Grungy Love, love of Travel)
A Vintage Journey Industrial (Copper Relique Powder)
Frilly and Funkie (Layer it Up- Layered die cuts)


 
 photo NWD Signature.png

Comments

  1. A great tag Nicole, I just love the background you created! A great take on Tim's tag!

    Wonderful photos of your trip around Europe too - I love the one of the Trevi Fountain, a place I would love to visit.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Grungy Love Challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks too, for joining in our Industrial Challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic take on the original, beautifully put together! And wow, that really must have been the trip of a lifetime, - stunning photos! Thanks also for adding this to our u=industrial challenge at AVJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is beautiful!!
    I love that you added a travel theme to you tag.
    Your vacation photos are stunning. A trip Wayne longs to go on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEautiful tag, especially I love the airplane !!!! I adore to see you in my country! Happy you loved Italy! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky girl getting to go to all those fabulous places...Italy is a dreamy place! LOVE all your photos, and great take of the tag too...great ephemera use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun tag and what a trip! I'm so glad it was a wonderful one. (and I would have bought that chocolate too for the wrapper LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your interpretation of Tim's tag Nicole and that candy bar wrapper is fab! Wonderful pictures of your European adventure, thanks so much for sharing them as I get to live vicariously through your travels LOL! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great vintage travel tags. Love your vacation photos. I have enjoyed a few of the places you visited but sure have lots more on my wish list so praying for the exchange rate to improve. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely vintage grungy tag! Fantabulous background you have designed and all of the little elements lend themselves to create a most awesome sauce esthetic. Wowzers! The places you traveled to are spectacular and I bet you had a blast! Glad your jet lag is almost gone. :)

    Thanks for joining in our "Grungy Love" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your your grungy style, Nicole! Beautiful background, and great choice of embellishments! I enjoyed seeing your photos, and probably will be the closest I ever get to seeing those places! What a wonderful trip and so sweet you could be traveling with your best friend! :):)

    Thank you for joining our Grungy Love Challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    PS I finally have your lovely stamps and have been coloring and playing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous make as usual! Thank you so much for joining our Grungy Love challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Hugs

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your gorgeous layered tag, Nicole, and the adventures that inspired this beauty sound fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Nicole, this looks so wonderful. I am so glad you had a chance to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts