Skip to main content

Creepy Carved Pumpkin Dwelling

Do you have the Village Dwellings die yet?
Creating a Haunted Town takes dedication and great Halloween colours!  I mentioned I would create a Carved Pumpkin House to go with my other creepy dwellings.  A couple weeks ago I created the Haunted Dwellings to scare you.  I wanted to add to my my creepy creation!
The Creepy Carved Pumpkin Dwelling.

I wanted to play with the Ranger's new Iced Enamel Relique Powder and I love them  They have gorgeous flecks of colour. 

 Note to self...when using the Bats stencils make sure the bats won't be upside down once assembled.  I was too excited to use the enamel I guess ;)


I wanted to experiment so I even used it on the Halloween Alpha parts bat, the roof and icicles from the village winter die.


Even the windows from the winter village die are enameled.


The enameled upside down bats and the enameled green roof look creepy good!


I added the ghosts die coming out from behind the house.  Inked with Hickory Smoke...BOO!  Then I coated them with glossy accents.  I dried with the heat gun but just enough to push the glossy accents around.  This makes them look like they are melting.  GROSS! 


I used some Fall Tinsel Twine like flames bursting out of the house! 


This is my first time using the Iced Enamel Relique Powders so I was experimenting.  I used them all over my Dwelling and the effect is stunning.  Ranger is new to carrying this product and I recommend getting your hands on some!


My Creepy Dwellings are growing!


Thanks for always putting up with my Halloween Creations!  I love Halloween and you all are always so lovely with your support and comments here and on all my social media!

Check out Ranger and Emerald Creek Craft Supplies...where I get all my goodies!

Happy Haunting!
Creepy Challenge
Frilly and Funkie- Something Wicked

Comments

  1. Outstanding as usual!! Love your love of Halloween!! It could be contagious! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy...I'll make you love Halloween yet ;)

      Delete
  2. I love putting up with your Halloween creations! Keep up the beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness there's a lot to put up with!

      Delete
  3. Amazing, Nicole! So glad you share this with us at Frilly and Funkie! Love ll the great Halloween greens and oranges and purpose and what a clever way to use the village houses. Super work as always and such a delight to have you back playing with us!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I could put up with your Halloween crations 365 days a year, and I believe you would create Halloween 365 days a year! You are SO prolific; I can't keep up with your posts! Just let me say they have all been looked at and drooled over by me, and NO, I don't have my Village Dwellings die yet, thank you very much!

    I would have never realized your bats were upside down on accident...I thought they were just hangin'. Love those oozy ghosts--I may just have to steal that idea, since I love heating things to see how they'll come out.

    Thank you for the heads up on the Emerald Creek Dares Halloween challenge...I'm all signed up and my fingers and eyes are crossed for a successful outcome! Shoot, I'd even like to be one of the team, but me thinks I'm gonna be a bit busy the next couple of days putting the finishing touches on our Halloween yard display, so I'll miss the deadline. I will most certainly be a shopper!

    And I love the way your mind works! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Thank you Sara for your comment! I swear I need to have you do my commenting. I am such a terrible blogger for that ;) I should have thought of saying they were "hanging" upside down. That would be been better ;)

      Thank you for always supporting me.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous Nicole, love your batty roof (and bats are well known for hanging upside down so I'd say you got them exactly right!) and the ghosties are spooktacular! Love those Relique powders, got to go do some more shopping ;O) Amazing addition to your Creepy Dwellings, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your houses and now I'm totally intrigued by the Relique powders - I hadn't even heard of them until now. Must check them out! Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Jarred Florals

How's your summer so far?  Me... I am just returning from a long vacation from down south.  So I am probably folding a lot of laundry. TheXyronTeam andACCOare playing all week with staplers and cutters.  Which means anything goes creatively!  I am so thrilled to use their Guillotine Trimmer LiteI don't own one so this is super exciting... 10 papers at one time!  
(all supplies used is linked for your convenience)

Time to crack into my new Flower Jar stamps and Framelits dies and a whole lot of colouring.
Once the colouring was done I added a little touch of dimension to these teeny wildflowers with a stylus and water.  It's my first cut with the Guillotine Trimmer Lite, dang thats sharp.  Even for small cuts.
I ran the stitched circle cut through the Creative Station then used the Create a Sticker for the adorable teeny wildflowers.
The Pondering Words "WONDERFUL" cut is perfectly cut with the Guillotine Trimmer for this 3/4" cut.  I popped it on the edges …

Wanderlust

I am pretty sure I have the "Wanderlust" bug!  I wanted to try something different so I decided to try some texture paste on the cover.  The matboard is tough enough to handle some texture paste.  I used chalk paint and texture paste to decorate my cover instead of paper.


Cut the superstock paper to fir the journal, 8x8 scoring in the centre to create a page.  I used oxides and stenciling to create a dynamic page.
Die cutting on pattern paper for some great elements.  Love the brush and foam for those small dies Especially the Gearhead die!  
See, all those little bits popped right out!  More inking and layering for these pages.  Making life easier with the Creative Station and these smaller detailed dies.
Lets make some trophy's!  I coated them with hammered metal embossing powder and coloured some distress crayons to distress it.
I cut and inked the Heart and Soul flower with more pattern paper.
I love the Ornate Frame #2creating some great vintage elements for this …

Fall Colours

OK, I know, I know we are only half way through summer and already there are fall leaves on my blog!  I really couldn't help myself.  I mean... you know me! This week Xyron and Newton's Nook are teaming up for some... AWESOMENESS!  Of course I had to go for these gorgeous leafy stamps.  Can you imagine these embossed or in an art journal!  So many creative ways to make stuff.

I gathered some goodies including my Tag and Tie to make a Kraft Tag for the sentiment. A little bit of stamping and inking goes a long way.  

I stamped the wee pumpkin from the Falling for You set (linked below) and coloured with Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils.  These are great for watercoloring too.  Yep, it happens from time to time... I fussy cut the pumpkins out.

I stamped the Beautiful Leaves stamp (linked below) with a blend of Oxide Inks.  Stamping again on inky scrap paper with large maple leaf... yep, more fussy cutting.  Oi...

More stamping on the background and then run through the Creative Sta…