Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from March, 2014

Tutorial; Watercolouring and Spritzing

I'm supposed to be working on a BIG crafty project.  But I wanted to play with my new TH Spritzer and Distress Markers...oh and the new Nature Walk stamp set.  This is another project using my "Ready" made backgrounds I mentioned in yesterday's POST.  When I have extra project I grab a tag or card stock and soak it up.  Then it goes in this box of "READY" paper for quick cards or tags. This is a girly tag!  Are you shocked...GIRLY! There's my tag, inked and ready! 
It's my first time using the new nature walk stamp set.  I have all of these in the bigger sets.  So, I like having the mini too.  Makes my crafting more versatile!  And I have issues!


I am a LUCKY CRAFTER!  I picked these Distress Markers up 2nd hand and brand new last week! 

I used shabby shutters for the lady.  I'm not going for a witch look here.  Just subtle.

I used tattered rose for her eyes.  It's my first time using these markers so I'm going soft.
I inked vintage p…

Less than "10 Minute" Card

I literary had 10 minutes to make this card.  I've said it a million times.  When you have extra paints, stains or inks on your craft mat grab a scrap and use up that product!  This card is a perfect example.  I had extra paint on my mat so I ran through an extra tag to use it up.  I threw it in my box and there it waited until now.  With no time I made this in just over 5 minutes.   A quick stamp with the Classic #1 dragon fly and it's quickly taking shape. I always have scraps and left overs from other projects ready to use.  This film strip and scrap paper pieces are left over from the Retro TV project.  The Cancer Sucks stamp is a Scrappy Moms Stamp from when I was on their DT.  LOVE this set! I usually layer some paper on the inside.  But remember, no time.  So I stamped my #hastags stamp right to the kraft inside. I cut the tag top off and ran it through my vagabond using the torn edges die. I have a stack of scraps full of stains, paints and inks waiting to be used in…

Under Contruction

Please excuse the mess.  I am currently giving my blog a makeover.  I am not a professional by any means.  I'm just going for a fresh look and playing with codes. Thanks for your patients while I get pretty...or grungy...or go all vintage!

Retro TV Metal Frame

YAY, another frame done!  Now that my Altered Bike Frame is all done I can move on.  I have been dying to create with this Prima Altered TV Frame!  I LOVE IT!  Unlike the Altered Bike I toned it down a little.  This way you can see each "RETRO" feature! I used the stacked stars die in mustard seed distress glitter.  This warm yellow really adds a vintage touch! I wanted to create a drive in effect. I cut a family relatives card and added some film strip ribbon.  So it appears as though we are right in the middle of a beach scene far right. A little work went into the picture wheel die.  I cut small pieces of a family relatives card to fit into each slot.  I cut small 1" round chipboard from the movers and shapers die. Then created my own metal reels with a hole punch from the $1 Store.  I distressed with the metallic paints and inks. The film strip ribbon is an excellent nostalgic layer.
I cut some film strip from the mini film and ticket strip die.  I added "FILM…

Altered Bike Frame- Tutorial

You bet I did a tutorial for this one.  WHY?  Because I love you...and I remembered too.  Also, these are the new Altered Metal Frames by Prima and there are not too many around for inspiration. I do like to help get you thinking how to make this stuff.  So...ME FIRST! I had no clue what I was going to do.  I was hoping the weathered clock die would fit and it did!  From there I just went with it. Let's make it easy.  I took the packaging that goes in the bike and used it as a template for the chipboard and paper backing.  The frame is dark inside so I went with tumbled glass to brighten things up!  The paper is TH new Menagerie paper pack, 8x8.  I used the new tumbled glass distress paint on the chipboard weathered clock. I cut the new trellis framework die on chipboard and added new distress paint frayed burlap.
I added tumbled glass distress paint with a sponge to add a great vintage patina. Prima has these fun license plates and yep, more distress paint to grunge them up.  …