Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

A Thanksgiving Welcome

Welcome
 
A couple weeks ago I got an email asking if I would consider being on the Frilly and Funkie DT!  My answer... YES!!!!  Every crafters dream is to be asked!  I have a handful of Blogs I love to stalk and Frilly and Funkie is one of them.  I am honored to craft with this uber talented team.
 
The challenge is A Thanksgiving Welcome.  Now, in Canada we celebrated Thanksgiving a few weeks ago but I am all about extending this holiday!  More stuffing please.  For my first project with the DT I created this 3D Luminary.  A few of these lined up on the table would be so pretty!
 
 
The 3D Luminary can be a tricky die to play with.  But once you get folding the end result is stunning.  I couldn't imagine not having this die in my collection.

 
I have to say the Layered Leaf die is at the top of my list for all time favorite dies.  This die comes with a texture fade folder really making this cut fantastic.  I cut with water color paper, inked with distress inks peeled paint, mustard seed and rusty hinge.  Then I blended the inks with my water color pen.

 
I cut the 3D Luminary with regular cream card stock and again I cut with Glassine.  I glued the glassine to the card stock and stamped the script stamp from the Apothecary set in Black Archival.

 
I have a bunch of tattered pinecone flowers pre-made and stored in a jar.  I inked up the binding ribbon with peeled paint and rusty hinge stain.  Then made a big messy bow and hot glued the flower into place.

 
This is my pumpkin tucked into some Spanish moss.  But I made it.  In the spring the $1 Store had these purple flowers that look like little rustic pumpkins.  I inked them up with rusty hinge distress paint and now they look like pumpkins.

 
For the cracked glass I cut pieces of clear packaging, stamped my mini blue prints with the black archival.  To get the crackle to work you brush a thin layer of modge podge glue, dry then layer the clear rock candy crackle paint.  Once dry ink with the honeycomb alcohol ink.

 
How adorable would these be as place settings.  You could write the guests name on the leaf! 

 
These Luminary's are stunning.  Please be sure to use a battery operated tea light. 

 
 
Thank you for stopping by.  I am really excited to be on this team and thank you to Frilly and Funkie for having me. 
 
If you're new to my blog and want to Stalk me there are a few ways.  You can follow me here, top right of my blog, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.  I am very active everywhere. 
 
I am also just starting to offer online classes.  Check out my Classes where you can create at your own pace.  And to see what classes I'm working on click on Coming Soon.
 
 
 
 

 

 photo CNSSignature-3.png

Comments

  1. This is fantastic! Congrats on the dt :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, what a pretty tabletop decoration. Love how it lights up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. huge congrats , they are an amazing team you will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful make Nicola and BIG CONGRATS!! Such a great team to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Fabulous piece, love the leaves and gorgeous autumnal colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, congrats on your DT appointment. Gorgeous creation as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations again from me too Nicole, it is a fantastic team for you to join! Love, love your luminary! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you knocked it out of the ballpark for your first creation on our DT, Nicole. Your luminary is lovely. The colors are perfect. I love that script stamp from the Apothecary set and that textured leaf is the perfect embellishment. I'm so excited that you agreed to join us and thanks for the fantastic start!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you have joined the team, and so looking forward to all you create. This is one fine example of your talent! Love that cute little pumpkin...I can't imagine it as a flower! Great job on the Tim's crackle technique. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderfully decorated Luminary! love the orange, the text, the stampings on the 'glass' panels - a wonderful fall creation! Congrats on the DT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts