Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

A Place for Christmas

I'm having a lot of family this year for Christmas dinner. What a pretty way to find where your seat is!  I just bought the new Rustic Lantern die for this project.  You'll be seeing more goodies for sure using this awesome die.
 
I cut the lantern with chipboard then inked with gathered twigs distress paint. 
 
The greenery is from the pine cone die.  Then I hot glued some wee berries and a real pine cone.  The name tag is cut from the ribbon flags strip die attached with twine.  Anyone have nice printing?
I embossed with vintage photo distress embossing powder.  It's almost like sandpaper!  The garland is the holly, beaded and snowflake die with festive berries distress glitter bows. I used vellum for the "glass" part of the die inked with mustard seed.
The back is inked again with gathered twigs distress paint and black soot ink for the edges.  We then cut some pattern paper for the inside of the die.
Adding a little battery tea light in the lantern props them apart allowing the place setting to stand.
When it's on the candle flickers.  Don't use a real candle!
My SIL and I set out to make 20 sets of these adorable place settings for the Christmas table.  And 20 settings means double everything for cutting! 

If you're wondering how to use this die...here's a great idea.  I love it!  Here's a peak at what I'm building to go with go with these.
 

Comments

  1. Awesome awesome project!!!!! Now you've added another MUST HAVE to my ever growing list - enabler you!!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them what a neat idea and keep sake from what I am sure is going to be a great dinner.. Think I may have to add that to my wish list as well.. Oh my it is a long list.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Your lantern is a brilliant wor! Perfect for christmas! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to check off freakin' awesome, because this is!!!
    I love the idea of the mini faux tea light. Brillant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna have to get me that lantern die! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theses are awesome - I saw them on a friends blog & wanted to check them out -
    Great Job....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts