Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Working on Organization

I have been working towards organizing all my inks, stains, paints, glitter, embossing powder...well all of it.  Since taking the Creative Chemistry class I am super focused on product.  I have spent the past couple years building dies and stamp sets.  But now it's time to build my "product" which after all is the foundation of all my products.  Over to Ranger I went where I have been busy for the past few days organizing, labeling and cataloguing all my product.
 
  For the moment I have all my inks stored like this.  I like my labels...but I'm very visual.  Stopping to read my inks makes creating slower.
 
 
So, I decided to print the Distress Inks Chart Ranger provides.
 

I used printer paper.  This paper is porous which allows the Distress Ink to soak in.
 
When I ink, like on my block I like to start heavy on one side and lighter on the other.  This way I can see how the colour works. light to dark.
 
Keep in mind (especially if you're A-Type like me) always keep the darker ink to the left of right of the labels.  That way when they are all together they will be uniform.  Yep, A-Type!
 
Here is the before and after.  What a difference and now easier to grab the colour I want.
Remember how I started!  Check out my original post HERE to learn how I created my Inking Blocks.
WOW, this makes it way better!
 
You can also print these 3/4" round labels for your paints, stains and as you'll see everything!
 
I picked up these wood boxes at Michaels.  Adding stain and distressing really suits my crafty space.  Matches my Crate Shelving too.
For the moment I have all my goodies in these 2 boxes.  It will grow! You can pick up Label Paper at the office store but it was pricey!  I could buy 6 inks with that money!  So, I simply printed on printer paper and glued.
I also printed off the charts.  These will store in my CC101 and CC102 binder. 
Today I picked up the Distress Ink Pallette.  This is where I will store some of my Re-Inkers for techniques.  This time I glued the printed labels to 3/4" sticky labels I bought for $1 at the $1 Store.  I know extra work but I saved a lot!
I also did another set for the inside.  I followed the chart on the ranger website to make it easy.  These are the original 36 Distress Inks.  When you close the top the inks stay put and don't mix!
The 12 new colour labels I have ready for when I pick up another Ink Pallette.  For now I have added the colours I do have.  They all look the same so be sure you follow your chart. 
 
I'm no where near done.  But I thought you might like to see how I've started organizing. I always love seeing what other people do.   If you have any thoughts or suggestions please share.  It's such a big job!

Comments

  1. Make me feel good-tell me you make sure all the lids on the inks are pointing in the same direction!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts