Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

DECORE; Halloween Count Down


And I am counting! I made this about last month so I could get counting.  Might have been nice if I actually blogged it then.  Oh,  why is my life so busy being crafty!  Poor me:(
 
Pfft...moving on!
 
My husband and I have been busy building our Pergola (click HERE to see it) for our new (replaced) hot tub.  There was all these cedar pieces laying around, so with a lot a little begging I got him to cut me up some blocks.  He doesn't like to share his cedar:/
 
So, warm up the hot glue gun...there are some bones to glue!
 
This project was the Designer's Choice over at Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Blog
 
 I went onto Pinterest and searched HALLOWEEN COUNT DOWN BLOCKS.  It's unlike me not to pin the blog I used... sorry.  But I did some searching and found this blog similar to the one I used.
 
 
Check out my skeleton (oops he's fuzzy) I grabbed at Michaels.  Just break the limbs and hot glue him into place.  Here, he's holding the EEK Banner using the Ribbon Flag Die and WANTED strip die. 
 
Ummm...he's missing his leg?
 
 
A few $1 Store finds with the cauldron, crow and skull n' bones.  Wonderfully Creepy!
 
 
I love these Tim Holtz's Apothecary Remnant Rubs!  They come in white too!
 
 
I sprayed the cedar blocks (my husband couldn't watch) with black paint then sanded them down to distress.  Adding the paper with modge podge really works well for no peel.  The numbers are cut using the Sophisticated cartridge.
 
 
My kids have been counting down to Halloween.  I like my Skeleton on the top block.  It was a great way to use up the extra one that was cut for me.
 

Be sure to check out my Blog this weekend starting Friday October 25th for the "All Things Altered Fall/Halloween" Blog Hop! There will be some great projects along the way and chances to win goodies!
 
I thought I would play over at Simon Monday Challenge Blog!  Great inspiration over there!

Comments

  1. Freaking awesome! I had been eyeing one at Michael's, but thought I could make one myself. Now I am inspired! Thanks for sharing your wicked Hallowe'en projects. Now I have to get busy. Ever considered doing another Hallowe'en blog hop? That was so fun, and it would be great to do it again, only this time not be constrained by certain criteria, like specific mediums, or images. Food for thought. Keep it creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Michaels one and thought the same thing! I hope the links help. The numbers can be tricky... Well they were for me anyway. I could try to remember to do a hop next Halloween? I've only ever hosted a couple. But no, I don't do constrained. I'm all for a free for all as long as it sticks to a Halloween theme. Happy you were inspired😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have feel feeling your husband in the corner, looking over your shoulder, and cringing at you painting his cedar. I can picture it!
    Great project. Thanks for sharing.
    I can't go into Pier One or Home Goods or those types of stores and see the prices they want for things we can make BETTER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Halloween projects are always the best !!!!
    This is awesome!!
    I know how men hate to paint wood...even scraps, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to countdown to Halloween. I love the papers and the skeleton holding the EEK banner, fabulous touch. The bones in the cauldron are wonderful and I love the crow. A wonderful dimensional piece of art. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with this fabulous piece. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!! Love the skeleton holding the banner, the little flap and all the wonderful details. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now THIS is an awesome spooky project! I love your perpetual calendar! So many fabulous details on this and I adore the papers and embellishments you've used on this masterpiece! From the crown on the witch's pot to the EEK banner, this is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Nicola!! I am so happy that your perpetual calendar was chosen as one of our Designer Spotlight pieces this week! I just love this! Huge Congrats! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts