Skip to main content

$5 Upcycled Halloween Wreath

Well, for me it cost $5 because I recycled my old Halloween Wreath.  I kept the Grape Vine wreath and the "Happy Halloween" I made 15 years ago!  It was time for an update so I hit...you guessed it, the $1 Store!!! 
 
I found this fun garland for $1 each and picked up 2 of them.  All I did was wrap the garland, no gluing.
 
These Glitter Pumpkins were $1 each!  I added the glitter spider I already picked up last year.  Another $1 Store find.  Just hot glue attaches the pumpkins and spider.
 
 
The "HAPPY HALLOWEEN" I made years ago and upcycled it to the new wreath adding another glitter spider.

 
My wreath hanging on the door. No Halloween stuff yet but if you follow me on Facebook you already saw my deck.
 
 
I added some new $1 Store stuff, like a fluffy black Owl, $2!

 
The garland is left over from my door from years past.  It finally came apart last year.  I kept it and now it has a new home nestled in the hay bails and pumpkins.

 
OMGEEE...Isn't he sweet!

 
A wee Crow, also $1.  My SIL had a handful and when I asked what she was doing with them she said she was adding them to her Fall decor on her front steps!  BRILLIANT, so I copied!  She loves Halloween as much as I do!

 
This took me 5 minutes to assemble and cost next to nothing:)
 
 
Check out what you have.  And if something needs a little up date and a fresh look you don't have to spend a lot!  Look at what you have and spend time in your local $1 Store!  If they only knew what I did with their $1 items they would charge a lot more!
 
For more Halloween ideas check out one of my most popular posts, Halloween Decor- Pennies a Project!  And yes, the Haunted Toilet is on there with almost 10,000 repins on Pinterest!  WOW!
 
Now Get Haunted!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I love the little crow...he is so cute. The crows are a nice added touch....but wait, you don't have crows in Alberta...like the wreath with the very creepy spider! Looks like a nice inviting Fall Entrance...if you are not afraid of spiders and crows....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on it! Didn't pay attention to the garland when I was there yesterday-back tomorrow. I got a bunch of the little crows-and I still have several of the big ones from last year.I went skull crazy last year-any good ideas for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick up some green glitter, modge podge and glitter the skulls up. They look great in a a bowl or cauldron. I do that with my old bones and skulls. Or make a skull wreath. So many creepy possibilities.

      Delete
  3. I love your front entrance :)
    Your wreath is awesome. I have one of those black wreaths I had bought a few years ago. I had the perfect idea for it, and have since forgot what it was, lol.
    I may have to nab your idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure I commented on this post.
    I love your front display, it is awesome.
    I have a black wreath like this, I bought it years ago.
    I had a perfect idea for it for this year...but forgot what it was, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating! I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits! I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back. I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE! I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider! I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel. The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes! Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy. I LOVE HIM! After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …

A BEVY OF MONSTERS

***WARNING...CUTE ALERT***

The Monsters and Creeps are out and around.  So lock your doors to keep safe and sound.
If you are looking for a great Halloween card that is UNDER 10 MINUTES to build this is it.  I made a variety of these to give you different ideas of creeps you can make.  From start to finish these Halloween cards are a breeze and would be perfect for a class, office and for some friends.  I made these in between making projects...mostly waiting for things to dry!  The googlie eyes are different sizes make them so cute. 
All the cards are stamped with Scrappy Moms Stamps Halloween set Bewitched! Mummy

Frankenstein
Candy Corn
Vampire, I love this one!  I didn't distress the white glitter paper.  Then added this red glitter glue to the fangs.
Ghost, I posted this the other day HERE
All my fun cards together
I cut the cards to 5x5.  Then I cut a 4 3/3x 4 3/4 black for the black behind the googlie eyes.  Pick your coloured carstock and rip.  I distressed the torn edges a bit then…