Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

12 Tags of 2013- September Tag

WTH, I did not care for this tag.  Only because I don't have any of the stencils. They aren't here yet. So, no I didn't get to fully enjoy Tim's technique:(  But it's me and as you know I end up finding my way!  So, I made a couple of my own stencils. OK, we can all take a moment to marvel at my crafty prowess...(snicker)

And moment over!

 
 
To make the "star" stencil I used thick acetate and ran it through the new Crescent Moon and Stars die.  I know, cool right.   I don't have paste either.  Equal parts modge podge glue, water and flour.   No, those aren't spots you're seeing in my stars.  We'll get to those darn dots in a moment.
 


LOOK, something I do have!  Sorta, I just used a Sharpie around the Chit Chat words.  But hey, I'll take it!  I did make some "HOMEMADE" stencils with some of the dies I own.  It worked ok!


Remember, no stencils yet so I used the star burst and the dot embossing folders.  I simply inked up my embossing folders and brayered them onto the tag.  And that's why my stars have spots.  It's not a great effect but you have to work around what you have.


I do have the butterfly stamp but I love this Vintage Hot Air Balloon!

 
I think if I had some of the stencils I could really have some fun. I do like the soft edges when stenciling.  How'd I do?  Pass or Fail????
 

Comments

  1. Awesome! I never would have thought of use the embossing folder in lieu of the dots stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is awesome, especially since you didn't have most of the stuff. I have some stencils that I bought from the crafter's workshop and also Heidi swapp. They are inexpensive and pretty and do the trick till we can get Tim's stencils available in our stores. :) But I love your tag! Very innovative using the folders,,, I'll have to try that, I like the look it gave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a pass Nicole ;)
    I haven't done this tag yet.
    I never have the products he uses for his tags...but that part of being creative..right :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts