Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Assemblage Clock

I really adore this Tim Holtz Crafty Clock! Taking something as cool as a Vintage Clock and being able to craft with it is truly inspirational!  I haven't seen much out there though when looking for these crafty clocks.  For this I was pretty much on my own and dug through my tin of Curiosities for inspiration.
 

I started with rusting.  I considered alcohol inks but since I am putting this in my Media room I needed it to rust to go with the other rusty things I have.
 


You can coat the clock with 2 coats of the iron paint but I wanted it to be streaky so I only did one.  Once the clock was layered I added the rust activator to get it rusting.  Apply until desired effect. Don't worry if you go onto the glass...I liked this look. 


I used oven liner for the back of my clock. I pressed down on the sides of the clock backing to get my impression then cut!  this will be the base for my design.


Once you have the back cut I used my embossing folder to create texture.


Using the new Distress Paints and Stains I layered one at a time heating and sanding between layers.


Sand until you get the amount of distressed look you want.


There's those new rub on's again!  I wasn't sure if I would like this look but it really works for me.  It's subtle, just what I wanted.


You can see in the back the embossed and inked oven liner.  It really helps the layers pop! 

Can I just say the Enamel Tags are my new Fave!  Adding the rub on's to the tag and to the little metal frame is so great in small spots.  The sprockets are attached with the Tiny Attacher and a strip of Film Ribbon. The gent leans on the lantern as if to hold it. 


This Brit is a fantastic stamp, perfect for my clock.  I stamped onto grunge board with Black Archival then cut him out.  I popped him with a little Rock Candy but just on the black parts. 


For the lantern I modified the back, punching a hole.  Then I attached the battery pack on with Velcro.  This way the pack doesn't sit on my shelf...nice and hidden.


It's a bit grainy because of the dark however the lantern is on!



I was challenged to come up with something unique for this Clock...I hope I didn't disappoint:)

I'm excited to add this clock to my Media, along with some of the other cool things I have down there. I picked up another clock too!  Halloween anyone?  I thought I'd play along with Simon Says and enter this into their challenge blog:)

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope this inspired you to make a clock of your own! 

Comments

  1. Amazing as usual!!!! haha can't wait to see the Halloween one... have ideas for Halloween myself, fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Nicole, this is frickin AWESOME.
    I love this and the lantern lights up...frickin awesome...oh ya I said that already.
    I think I had seen some of these with the frilly pinks and ruffles, but this is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your assemblage clock is very cool! I love the rusted finish you've achieved on the outside. The inside is equally as cool. Love all of the elements and the way you've designed them. The faux soldered background looks great. I love Tim's french industrial gentleman and he looks great inside of this clock. Love the steampunk men inside of the ornate book plate, too! And the lantern light....way cool! Nice job! Thanks so much for sharing your clock with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another inspired piece, you definitely did not disappoint this is a fantastic piece, from the rusting to the design and embellishments. Love the lantern and the added stamped images. Love the added book plate too. This will look wonderful taking pride of place in your room. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!!! Just SUPER! I love the steam punky feel!!! Your Rust and patina are awesome! Thank you for showing us your S inspiration this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts