The die cut the jean material easily.
I then cut some burlap (old rice bag) and canvas from my painting drop cloth. Use what you have!
Onto the grunge and tissue. I used some tissue from a shoe box. I was so excited cutting away I forgot to pre-ink. No worries, I did it later.
I traced the wooden letter with some pattern paper. Be sure to flip the letter backwards when tracing so when it's cut out it will be facing the correct way. I may have screwed that up...
Now that your letter is cut out you can glue it on. I used Modge Podge.
I love sanding the edges of the paper. It allows for the ink to adhere, hides any cutting imperfection and really makes it look distressed.
Now that the sanding is done, ink up the edges. I also added a little distress stain using a cloth.
Since I forgot to ink the grunge before cutting I'm getting to it now.
I don't have that little distress tool. So I simply pinched the edges and gently pulled.
Everything gets a little distress ink.
All 3 letters are for boys. I cut some oven liner and ran it though my Diamond Plate embossing folder. Along with canvas, jeans and grunge...should be perfectly masculine.
I put all my flowers together attaching with a brad. I coordinated the papers used on the letters and plaques to the flowers. Layering all those awesome textured materials.
I used Diamond Stickles to accent the girls flowers. For the boys I brushed the tips of the flowers with Clear Rock Candy Stickles. This gives a hint of shine.
Now that the flowers are done time to cut letters for 5 kids. Using grungeboard and my Word Play die all the names are ready for some ink. For this step I used Snow Cap and Espresso Daubers. Then sand the edges and ink with Walnut Stain.
With the coordinating papers and my SU square punches I now have a paper layer for the letters. Glue the paper together, then glue the letters on with Glossy Accents.
I wanted some added fun for the kids. Using the Metallic daubers I inked the small gear from Gadget Gears die and the Movers and Shapers gears. Once dry sand the edges and ink with Walnut Stain Ink. The little girls got butterflies and shiny stickles.
I also cut 2 of the M & S Mini Jalopy with grunge paper. Ink with the Black Dauber. Once dry, sand the edges and ink with Walnut Stain.
When you add the Rock Candy Crackle that walnut distress ink will really pop!
Let those dry while you attach all the letters.
These little plaques are for the Big Sisters. I didn't want them forgotten. I painted this little wood plaque with cream acrylic paint. Just the edges.
Then I used Modge Podge (matte) and brushed the top ready for paper.
Measure and cut a piece of pattern paper and glue it right on. Sand up the edges of the paper and sides then ink it up a bit with Walnut Stain. The add another coat of modge podge onto the paper top seal it.
Before applying anything to the front. I attached some sheer ribbon to the back with a stapler. Simply cut a 2ft piece of ribbon, make an even bow and use the ends to staple to to the wood. A normal staple I found worked great. Cut off the excess ribbon.
Once the ribbon is attached you can start adding your goodies. I cut out BIG SIS using the new WANTED strip die. What a great font.
I punched out the circle and scallop using my SU punches. Then glued my layered BIG SIS. A little Glossy Accents really makes these letters pop.
Lincoln's Letter with the Jalopy.
(Jackson and Lincoln are the twins.)
Jackson's letter with gears.
A close up of the Boys Tattered Flower, jeans and all. Pretty Masculine EH;)
Hayden is the new Big sister to Lincoln and Jackson. So I didn't want to leave her out.
Dominic (my neighbors little one) also gets the Jaolpy. Love the Word Play font.
Giogia is the Dominic's Big Sister.
Here's the write up about Lincoln and Jackson. This is why I made these for their Nursery. And because these little guys showed up so early the new parents aren't ready:) If you would like to send a Baby card please send me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get the mailing address to you.
Thanks for checking out my Tattered Flowers Challenge project. And I hope you liked ALL the photo's I took. I am getting better at remembering to take them;)