Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Apple Butter Recipe


A Recipe and Craft Project!

I have 2 passions, cooking and crafting.  Sometimes they even come together!  If you're on FACEBOOK with me then you know what I've been up to for the past couple of days.  Where did this come from?  My new obsession, Pinterest!  If you've been wanting to make Apple butter then break out your crock pot!

(My new Pinterest Button for my Blog)

I tripled the recipe since I hade a Costco bag of Fuji's.  This yeilded 7 cups (or 7 jars) of Apple Butter.
I have a big family so 3 jars wasn't going to cut it.

I decided to can my Apple Butter so I could store it.  Submerge your jars and boil for 15 min.  Cool them on a rack and wait for the "POP"  That's my favorite part!

My batch yielded 7 250ml jars.  I gave 3 jars to my friends and neighbors. 

I was so excited to use my Preserves cartridge.  The recipe cards are cut at 5", the font is 1" and the apple cuts are 2" with layers.  Then add your recipe.

I used the Lid Feature too and cut at 2".  And added a little button up there.  They turned out so cute!

Apple Butter Recipe

click HERE to see where I got the recipe.
(This was grabbed from http://www.skinnytaste.com/)

  • 2.5 lbs (6 large) apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped (I used honeycrisp and gala)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp allspice
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
Place the apples in a slow cooker. Top with sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg and mix well.

Cover and cook on low 10 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
Uncover and puree with an immersion blender. Cook on high uncovered 1-2 hours
Spoon into sterile jars, or containers and refrigerate.
This is a really easy recipe I promise!  I have never had Apple Butter and I was so excited I made Sourdough Bread (and english muffins).  I used my sourdough starter and used the recipe from my William and Sonoma Cook Book. Click HERE to see the recipe.  This was my first time making bread without a bread machine!  I was stressed but the bread is WAY better!  It turned out more like an Artisan bread.
Are you hungry?
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I need to move next to you! yummo! Cute recipe cards too! TFS CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm.... I am defiantly feeling hungry now lol
    Think I need to get a slow cooker after all the recipes I am coming across to use in them :)

    love your recipe cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for all the info! I am a huge fan of skinny taste! I also have the preserves cart, but haven't used it yet! thanks for the inspiration!

    Off to make some apple butter!
    have a great week Nicole!
    P.S, there is a small section of Nightmare before Christmas decor at Zellers in the Christmas section! Jack with santa hats and such!
    Dandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...and beautiful too! I haven't had apple butter in ages but you and my old schoolmate, Bonnie, are certainly tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm....you HAVE been busy!! it looks amazing!! and I do mean it...you can come by my house any time and do some cooking for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy!

    Question, if I were to make this, what would I use in place of an immersion blender (as I don't have one). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaahhhhh Nicole, you're killing me !!!!!! I want to treat my family to this ASAP !!!! LOL Thanks so much, and the labeling came out super cute !!!!
    mcaballerobrito@hotmail.com
    http://dreamofcrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts